Graphic Design Job Description:
This position’s primary focus will be to:
- Understand our company’s vision, values, brand identity, and voice – and translate those into a fun and engaging brand aesthetic
- Create top-notch digital and print graphic media
- Maintain efficient and scalable production of all digital & print assets — including templates, resizing and versioning
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously from concept through completion
- Approach projects with a strategic mindset leveraging insights, tapping into cultural trends and design wizardry to deliver creative that connects both our customers and consumers
- Style, take, and edit all web and promotional photography for high quality creative digital assets
Our ideal Graphic Designer will come to the team with graphic design and photography experience.
They would be able to jump in and make an immediate contribution – unafraid of asking a million questions, making bold, brand-aligned choices, receiving feedback, and incorporating other people’s ideas.
This is a full-time hybrid, office and remote, position located in Torrance, California. Salary range $50,000 - $55,000.
Finally, this position is for you if reading this makes you say, “Holy moly – that’s ME!”:
- You thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- You’re 100% comfortable working in a both virtual and office-based environments.
- You’re looking for a flexible, full-time position with a team that emphasizes producing quality work and meeting deadlines, rather than strict work hours. Ability to manage your own workflow/schedule is crucial.
- You’re highly organized, creative, self-directed, and possibility-driven (not problem-derailed).
- You’re practically always on time (or early) and strive to deliver ahead of deadlines.
- You’re not overly attached to your first draft of anything — you’re intent on developing and executing on the best ideas to get the best results.
- You do great work autonomously and can collaborate easily and effectively with a team (you’ll need to do both here!)
- You’re known for taking ownership of a project and seeing it through from beginning to end.
- You own your mistakes (you’re human! We all make ‘em) and trust that our team is a place where you’re not expected to be perfect (how boring!) – you’re just expected to be honest, proactive, and highly communicative.
- You’re a GO-GETTER — always striving to add value, do better, be better, build others up, and make the world a better place.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The number one goal of this position is to create graphics and content that:
- aligns with our organizational vision
- brings excitement to fabric lovers
- inspires new makers to join our community
Skills & Abilities:
Our ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- 2-4 years experience in graphic design
- A brag-worthy portfolio of both print and digital work
- In-depth knowledge of graphic design principles, standards, and techniques across a diverse array of styles
- Expert-level skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Sophisticated knowledge of typography, photography, photo editing, and illustration
- Ability to think creatively and conceptually
- Ability to pitch and articulate design strategy and communicate well internally with a team
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to accurately assess and adhere to deadlines
- Development, animation, video and prototyping knowledge/skills are a big plus
- Savvy in understanding and developing creative work that fits with the overall brand strategy, not just a particular project or assignment
- Excellent organization and time-management skills (post-it notes, planners, and Google docs are your best friends)
- Adaptive when it comes to sudden scheduling changes or a quick turnaround